Wednesday 9 May 2007

A couple of wierd/funny things

1: I taught a kid with torretts syndrome yeasterday... no where near as glamourous as tv makes it out to be, just really hard work for the two of us. Poor fella.
2: I taught dance the other day, the mysterious thing was that none of them turned up, the magical disappearing dance class.
3: I was sitting in a staff room and a huge conga line went dancing past, complete with a boy playing a giant euphonium.
4: Trying to control a very noisy/low ability class today in the library. Reading time. After asking a young girl 5 times to get herself a book and start reading, she finally gave me an exasperated look, stood up and said, "right, so where are the books?" I advised her to perhaps open her eyes, as nicely as I could.
5: In the same class, due to a lazy lady taking my name at the office, I was introduced as 'Mr Read' (rather than the combination of the two), a kid looked up at me in the most innocent way and said "so I guess you like books then". It's amazing how clever some kids can be.

4 comments:

yojot said...

I think maybe we should get a whole bunch of us together so that you can teach that dance class. It seems a shame that no one got to appreciate your skills.

Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm up for that!
M-i-L

lucy ar said...

you would look hot in a tutu

Timmy Magic said...

I DO look hot in a tutu! Don't ask how I know that though...

It must be a Tim thing