Thursday 24 May 2007

Pay Negotiations

I just spent about 15 mins negotiating my rate of pay for the next 6 weeks with my agency. Nothing really out of the ordinary there, but the stupid thing was we both knew what the agreed rate would be before we started discussing it, we just both played this silly bluffing game in order to reach it. Agencies are kind of wierd. I reckon they're often big liars and trickers. Kind of like used car sales people, except leasing out people for allotted times. I tried to do it without going through agencies initially but to no avail. Oh well.

We're off to the Lakes district this weekend, school holidays for a week as well, followed by 4 days back at school then 2 weeks in France!! Shivers! My contract requires me to give 1 days notice if I can't be at school, but I try to be a bit nicer than that.

I'm going to be at the same school now till the summer holidays. It's good being able to anticipate the situation for a while. Still some hugely challenging kids though, I guess it will be good being able to mould their behaviour for the next 6 weeks (expectation is my enemy, flexibility is my friend).

No comments: